Tuesday 17 October 2017

70 days


  Brace yourselves....there are only 70 days til Christmas! That's right I said the "C" word in October. Before Halloween. Before Remembrance Day. Before cold weather. Before snow. 

  The days and weeks, OK OK months, leading up to December 24 and beyond are my favorite. I love decorating the house. Finding new places for old things. Finding new things for old places. And the tree. Nothing makes me happier than sitting in front of the tree at night with all the lights on. It doesn't even need ornaments, just lights. 

  Wrapping presents, whether they come from the dollar store or Tiffany's, is so much fun. Making them un-guessable to little hands is especially fun. An iPod put in a box then into another box, then another and another keeps an excited child guessing for hours. Then when it's time to finally open that box, the look of sheer joy when they realize they got exactly what they wanted when they were convinced they did not is priceless!

  I can't wait to have the fireplace going with carols in the background. The boys playing Jingle Bells on the piano. Bowls of ornaments on every counter and the smell of cinnamon pine cones as you walk up to my front door. 

  But most importantly let's stop making fun of those of us who love the season and can't wait for it to come! Leave us alone...please. We are well aware we have a problem. You don't need to remind us. 

  Michelle and Sheena....I've got your back!

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...