Wednesday 25 October 2017

Mine...All Mine!


  In  exactly seven days I will own my car. The last payment comes out November 1 and I can't wait. It's been a long four years for me. I am aware that in the grand scheme of things, people make much higher payments for much longer terms. How they do it I don't know. It drove me crazy!!

  My car was expensive. Or at least I thought it was. When I told people my monthly payment they scoffed at the amount. Most rolled their eyes and said "I wish!" So what exactly is the average person paying per month on a vehicle? Obviously much more than I am....or should I say was. 

  Vehicles are the biggest purchase most of us make except for a house. More thought goes into what car to drive than most people do on their homes. We look at a house no more than twice normally and decide whether we want to live there or not. But we research a car. Gas mileage, reliability, maintenance packages. We look at many styles, colors and models. We take test drives on the highway and city streets. We ask our friends what they have and how happy they are with their choice. Then we test drive again.

  Now that there is a light at the end of my payment tunnel I keep thinking about what to do with the extra money each month. My mind goes immediately to vacations, paid off credit cards and extra Christmas presents. I think Michael Kors and new clothes. 

  Please just don't let it go on car repairs....that wouldn't be fair!

  Ang


No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...