Friday 27 October 2017

One Dozen


  There are 7.5 billion people on earth....and I like about a dozen! That is a meme I saw the other day but it fits my life perfectly at the moment. One of the benefits of getting older is that you prioritize your life. You know what is important and what isn't. And you have neither the time nor the patience to deal with what isn't.

   A big part of life is pretending. We listen to people when we wish they would just stop talking. We pretend that something doesn't bother us when we are seething inside. And we smile when we want to scream. Every single day we hold back and put up with things we really don't want to. Some days I swear I could win an Academy Award!

  As we get older, and hopefully wiser, we do it less and less. At least for the unimportant things, and people, in our lives. We don't mean to be rude....we just don't have the time. People who are living made-up-drama lives tend to fall to the wayside. Those needy people who want our validation on everything...gone. Not because we hate them but because we want to spend our precious free time on things we find important.

  It sounds a little selfish doesn't it? I guess it is. So what! Don't we deserve that? All of us. We spend many years putting everyone and everything ahead of ourselves. Why is it wrong to put ourselves front and center for a while? It's not and we need to do it more often. Especially women. I only wish we learned this valuable lesson at an earlier age. And that we could teach it to our kids. 

  A "dozen" sounds like a lot doesn't it? Some days!

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...