Monday 5 March 2018

It's Almost Spring


  I'm sitting at the kitchen table enjoying a second cup of coffee with the blinds open. The small birds are out so it can't be too cold. I can hear them tweeting and singing in the back hedge. After last weeks milder temperatures, I can see bits of green grass peeking through the snow. There is hope that spring is around the corner. 

  The pool is frozen of course. But the snow that was level to the top has melted and I can see the liner again. Progress. Most of the snow on the deck is gone and while you can't sit out there just yet I can see the swing moving in the morning breeze. Ok it's really a cold wind but the word breeze makes it seem warmer don't you think?

  Calendars have by now been turned to show the month of March. The beautiful words "first day of spring" are written on that page. Still two weeks away but they are a beacon of light after a long Canadian winter. Not as harsh as most but as I get older I curse the snow and cold more and more.

  Soon John will be outside building onto the deck. I will be pulling the patio furniture out of storage and looking for plants to fill the urns. The bbq will be blazing and the occasional dinner will be eaten outside in the early evening warmth. 

  Not long after that, the hum of the pool heater will be drowned out by the kids laughing and playing in the still too cold water. Too excited to wait any longer. The days will be filled with sunshine and warmth. Many days spent lazy by the pool with friends and family. The shaking of margaritas a common thing. 

  Canada Day party at my house. Stop on by. Too soon?

  Ang

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...