Monday 12 March 2018

It's Begun


  Well we are into it. The basement renovation is officially underway. It's only been six years since the first flood....only...and now we are 100% sure the water issues are solved. So it's time. Past time. 

  John is a handy man extraordinaire. There is nothing he cannot do. He seems to enjoy doing it for the most part. I have noticed that he enjoyed it much more years ago when his knees and back were not so stiff but he perseveres. He also seems to enjoy it more when I don't change my mind about the final design halfway through. Imagine that!

  The laundry room is almost done. I'd say 90%. We still need a few more cupboards and counter top for the folding area. Then a quick coat or two of paint and then comes my favorite part...making it pretty. I know it's just the laundry but I'm hoping if it's pretty I won't mind spending time there. I might be delusional on that front as well.

  Drywall, floors and painting come next. Followed by a full bath. An entire room of storage and one small closet for Christmas stuff. That is a lot of work. And a lot of money. Again though, it's time for it to be done.

  The first steps have been taken. Baby steps but steps none the less. Now all we have to do is stay focused on the goal. And stop watching Bryan Baeumler!

  Ang 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...