Thursday 1 March 2018

Morning Observations


     Every so often I like to share the random things that pop out at me first thing in the morning. Some are interesting. Some are weird. Most make me shake my head in disbelief. Since we overslept, today they are fairly calm. 

    For a month I had no microwave. A first world problem I know. But for an entire month I woke up, made coffee and drank it. While it was hot. The part finally arrived and this morning I have reheated my coffee three times! Why is that?

  Last year I was given a stern talking to by the crossing guard at the four-way stop on the way to school. All about how she was responsible for the safety of the children walking and I must listen to directions on when to cross. Even though she was talking to a parent about The Bachelor and no cars were in sight. This morning I watched her do a u-turn in front of my son's high school and almost hit two students. Do I still have to listen to her directions after seeing her disregard for children's safety?

  Why do the Kardashian's get "push gifts" and the rest of us get babies? At a whopping 1.4 million dollars, what does a Ferrari have to do with giving birth? That can buy a lot of diapers not to mention college tuition. I don't know a single woman who received a gift other than flowers. Most didn't get that! Is giving birth so much harder for this family that they must be compensated? Apparently so.

   Dick's Sporting Goods no longer sells assault rifles and will no longer sell any guns to persons under the age of 21.  Bravo to them for doing what their government will not. Walmart soon followed suit with the age limit as they stopped selling assault rifles in 2015. That leaves Bass Pro Shop, who also own Cabelas, as the major main stream distributor. They have not made any noise on the subject. Doesn't it make sense to them?

  That's enough for this morning. I'm going to go reheat my coffee...again. Fourth times the charm!

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...