Friday 1 April 2016

Water Water Everywhere


  Owning a house isn't only about paying the mortgage and mowing the lawn. There is an endless amount of work that needs to be done to it. Whether it's brand new or it's seen a family or two.

  Each age of a house brings new challenges. Ones that can be fixed and others you must learn to live with. But the one thing no one, especially me, wants to live with is water. 

  There is nothing worse for a home owners wallet then water in the basement. Worse, there can be numerous causes. You fix one with your fingers crossed that it's the problem. Water again? Well now it's time to fix the next one on the "most common reasons" list. This time both fingers and toes are crossed.

  But when water comes in the third time you just want to put a for sale sign on the lawn and walk away. Especially if you have fixed the two most expensive options with only limited success.

  That's where my day began. Who ever said third times the charm better not come anywhere near me today. On a positive note...and boy am I stretching to find a positive note...the amount was tiny. And one spot we have left open for future plumbing so that's really not an issue. But there is, obviously, something else that is needed to be done or we will never, ever be able to finish that area.

  I'm hoping it's a heavy rain/melting snow thing. Or a city pipe problem. I'm not sure my bank account can handle another round of basement repairs.

  Sniff, sniff....I guess the pool is no longer in the picture this year. Unless it's in the basement!

  Ang

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...