Wednesday 31 May 2017

It's Been A While!


  It's been a few days since I've written...again I need to buy another laptop. The kids scramble for every free second during the weekend. Oh well, I'm back and have several things I need to get off my chest.

  Let's start with Kathy Griffin, who I love, and her joke with the bloody, severed head of Donald Trump. First off...it wasn't funny. There was no real "joke".  Had it been at least funny she might have gotten a little less flack. At least from her peers. Secondly....no one deserves it. Not even Trump. End of conversation. If this visual would have bothered you with any other face on it then it should bother you now. And if nothing else think about his 10 year old.

  Another thing I take issue with is Andrew Scheer, the new leader of the federal Conservative Party. Why are you so scared of PM Trudeau? And I ask this without sarcasm. In your acceptance speech over the weekend, you chose to insult and mock the PM rather than state the direction you want to take your party in. The election is 2 and 1/2 years away and on day one of your new job you chose to campaign rather than inform. It says to me that you have no platform. You lost me before you began.

  Leaving politics behind, we are still waiting for the pool to be installed. If the rain doesn't end soon this season will be a write-off. The yard is ready. The fence is ready. The kids are more than ready. Hell, we even have the money ready. Come on Mother Nature throw us a bone.

  Alex is home from school now. That means the peace and quiet of the day has disappeared. The house is alive with his laughter and yells of "Mom what is there to eat?" and  "Mom we have no food!". His voice is one of my favorite sounds....some of the time.

  Time to see what madness the world has gotten into today.

  Ang
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...