Friday 15 July 2016

News That Caught My Eye


  A few things caught my eye in the news today. Two in particular gave me reason to pause, think and then write.

  First Mick Jagger is going to have his 8th child at the ripe old age of 72. His 29 year old girlfriend of two years is "up the duff" as the British say. A baby is always a happy event, well almost always. I can think of a few exceptions. Aside from the extreme age gap, which I couldn't care less about, I'm bothered by the fact that his long term girlfriend L'Wren Scott died just two years ago. Notice the math?

  I know everyone grieves differently. I would never tell anyone how to grieve or for how long. But Ms. Scott died by her own hand. That is a different grieving process altogether. One that seems to take significantly longer than most. But not in this case? Are we to believe that he was devastated by her loss and jumped into the arms of another to help get over his grief? Maybe. Maybe not. 

  The second thing was about Playboy model Dani Mathers posting a picture of a naked woman showering in a locker room on her Snapchat with the caption "If I can't unsee this then you can't either." Then one of her laughing. Both have since been taken down and the account, I believe, is deleted.

  Her "apology" included stating that since she was new to this form of social media she sent it to her story instead of to her friend. OMG. That is part of the worst apology EVER.  The gym has taken internal action and have notified the police. Good for them.

  When will women get it? When? We are our own worst enemy and this stupid woman is all the proof we will ever need. She is a very ugly person and the world has seen it first hand.

  These two little stories, compared to the bigger, more devastating things going on in the news, teach us a few things. One that perhaps celebrities really aren't like you and I.....personally I don't know any man who would want eight kids let alone one in their 70's. Second that once you step outside your home you can't be sure you aren't being photographed/video taped and about to become the newest internet sensation....whether you are aware of it or not!

  Ang

***I'm a huge Rolling Stones fan so please don't even go there***
***I do not like the word "stupid" and very rarely use it so if I do it means I'm serious***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...