Tuesday 12 July 2016

Two Lanes


  After spending a few days with John in the country, the kids and I are back home. It was only a two hour drive but when 75% of the drive is on two lane highway it can seem a looooonnnnng drive. 

  At first it wasn't bad. We were the only car it seemed. Then a few four way stops and we could see a few others. By the time we hit the highway there was a line. Then it got longer and longer. With no passing zones insight.

  Of course the construction doesn't help. I'm all for fixing the roads but why do they need to shut down 3 kms of road to fix 10 meters of pavement??? I don't understand but at least the workers are safe.

  By the time we hit divided highway the road was very congested. It's expensive I know but all main roads should be four lanes. I'm sure it would mean less accidents. It is very frustrating to be behind someone who is doing 20 kms under the speed limit. Of course as soon as they see the passing lane they could win an Indy race! 

  Even on that short drive, I saw some people take risks that four lanes would have avoided. And on a Tuesday morning not a busy long weekend. 

  Luckily I'm never in that much of a hurry.

  Ang

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...