Tuesday 12 July 2016

No Service No Tip


  After years in the service industry I know a thing or two about bad service. Sometimes I was even the one giving it! We all have bad days where we are "off" and the reality is the customer pays the price. But last night we got no service and attitude.

  Let me start by saying I HATE how a lot of franchise restaurants have a "look". It doesn't matter whether the server is any good as long as they fit in the mold. Our server fit the profile but had not the slightest clue what she was doing. That was evident in not just our service, but the tables around us.

  Now that I think about it that last statement isn't true. The table of three men beside us got very good service. The families and tables of women...not so much. Maybe she was smarter than I gave her credit for. Out of four tables though I would say she got a good tip from one, none from two and maybe a small tip from the other. Not good percentages.

  John tells me often that I expect more when dining out. That's probably true but I'm not unrealistic. A smile or at least not a snarl. Food arriving all at the same time....my biggest pet peeve of all and Nova Scotia taverns are notorious for it. But last night it was him who commented first. And since he paid the bill and didn't tip that says it all. He always tips.

  Good service means you go home with more cash. Period. You can't live on what a server is paid. And no matter what you look like or what mold you fit into, you need to do what you are paid to do. Serve the customers.

  That girl must pray for a restaurant full of single men.

  Ang

***I'm not saying all men will tip based on looks but.....***

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...