Wednesday 11 January 2017

Reality


  Reality has set in. We are not on vacation anymore. No one is cooking our meals or cleaning our rooms. That now falls back to me. The kids are running for the bus in the morning and complaining about homework at night. John's alarm is going off at 5am and I'm back to making lunches that are hopefully  both nutritious and interesting. Reality sucks!

  I know it can't last forever but boy it would be nice. The laundry alone seems over-whelming. Happily since it's only warm weather clothes I'm in no rush. And the suitcases are everywhere with things strewn across the floor after children went looking for a Christmas present they forgot about. But I'm keeping in mind the warmth and sunshine we got to enjoy. Or trying to.

  On the long drive home we discussed finances and the fact that Alex will be getting braces in the next few months. At an estimated cost of six grand, yes six, our travelling days are over for the next few years. But a beautiful, healthy smile is worth that and more. A sacrifice we are more than willing to make. So what happened when we actually arrived home made me shake my head even more than I normally would have.

  John spent a few minutes getting the hardened snow off the front steps. Remember it was a balmy -34 when we arrived home. After a quick supper I headed upstairs to get the kids settled for the early morning to come. John stayed up for a little while. What was he doing down there while the rest of us were sleeping? 

  He was looking for March break vacations that's what! After all the talk about money or rather the lack there of, he was checking out deals for the next vacation. I found this very funny. Now I could easily see myself doing that but not him. It's a very attractive new quality I must add.

  After two days of resting I am tackling the unpleasantness of travel. Suitcases will go away. Laundry will be done. And I will try and find a place for the things we've bought. All the while remembering the salt air and relaxation that a Disney cruise allows.

  And maybe, just maybe, planning the next one! In my mind only.....maybe.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...