Saturday 14 January 2017

2016....Year in Review


  Last year I had a highlight reel of 2015 and all the highs and lows of my year. Since we were off the grid this time around I thought I'd do it now.

  Luckily our family only had to say good bye to one member this year. She was a great lady, a school teacher, who lived her life on her terms. The world, however, lost many great artists....Alan Rickman, David Bowie, George Michael, William Christopher to name just a few. Great talents taken from us too soon.

  During the summer we got to spend some time in Nova Scotia with our extended family. While we didn't see everyone we did get to hang out with Sheila and Jeff, Max, Laura and the entire Warner clan. An over-night with the McLeod's was a highlight. Except for Riley and the electric fence. Thanks again for the nightmares Dan. Next year we should arrange to get everyone together under one roof.

  Another year of house reno's. Will it never end?? We decided on a pool. Then we changed our mind. Then we changed it again. Who knows what this summer will bring! Fingers crossed no more water in the basement in this new year.

  Alex and I lived through his 8 book reports and he successfully passed grade 7. Riley moved into grade 4 and went back to his old school. The teachers are great but boy there are some changes and not all are for the better. But he loves it and we love his teacher so it's all good.

  Alex learned to ski and grew about a foot. He can wear John's shoes now...but they are tight! If he ever stops growing he will be seven feet tall with a size 20 shoe. He has finished with Scouts but still plays piano.

  Riley started hockey and took over every weekend. He loves it, which I didn't think would be the case. John loves it too. His skating is so much better than when he started. Riley's not John's. Between piano and theater he was one busy boy but he loves them all and we've found a way to make everything work. Sort of.

  Me well I'm just going along day by day. Enjoying my life, family and friends. I've tried to read more...no matter what my book/wine club may tell you. John and I are getting to spend more time together without the children. I think we even saw a movie. At night!

  It doesn't look like a very exciting year as I read back. But we had lots of laughter, smiles and fun. That makes for a great year in my book!

  Almost forgot....Donna and Tony got engaged!

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...