Friday 20 January 2017

Political Attacks


  Politics is ugly. And those who follow it closely can be even uglier. Even I'm guilty of it myself sometimes....especially when it comes to you-know-who. But I edit myself and try very hard not to be vulgar and I always leave the families out of it. I've noticed this past week that some of my own friends are prone to attacking both the political families and the politicians physical attributes.

  Does anyone really think Justin Trudeau asks people for selfies? Of course not. We all take them. All the time. With anyone we meet. Why is it wrong when he does it? Be upset that he is always photogenic. I know I am. But we would say he was rude if he said no to everyone who asked him for a picture. In this instance he can't win.

Another common thing this week has been about our PM not being loyal to Canada. That his loyalties are to other countries first. Hmmmm I didn't see The National for a few weeks while on vacation so maybe I missed something. No I'm sure I would have read something about that on the internet. 

  Kathleen Wynn's looks are constantly compared to animals. She is the butt of so many jokes that aren't funny and just plain mean. Also she is attacked for being gay. Yes she has made some bad choices for the province. Really bad choices in fact but I'm sure they weren't intentional. I don't believe she went out of her way to make bad deals for the province. Sadly many others don't agree with me.

  I'd bet money that 99.9% of all politicians get into the political world with the best of intentions. They truly believe they can make a difference that will better the lives of others. And while the reality is most can't, there is no malice on their part. No one is out to get John Q Citizen and make their lives miserable.

  While I believe we need to attack politicians policies and voting records, leave their physical attributes out of it. And be respectful of their families. 

  Remember....glass houses and stones.

  Ang


No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...