Thursday 16 February 2017

Enough Already


  Don't sic PETA on me but that groundhog who predicted an early spring needs to be shot! Since that day the snow hasn't stopped. To the point where I can't see over the huge pile to back safely out of my driveway! And that isn't "shoveled" snow my friends that is "blown" snow. Where it spreads evenly over a wide space.

  My lamppost is over halfway under snow. I need to stand on a ladder to clean the glass. The decorative flag is buried. The solar lights haven't been seen in months. My deck no longer exists and the swing that was on it is now only about a foot tall. And that poor bbq....well I can see it's outline in the snow.

  It's enough. More than enough. Yesterday there was at least a foot on top of my car. I can barely reach to get it off but the fine is huge so I figured a way. Then once it's off there is even more to shovel! Round and round we go.

  Driving is intense. Really intense. There are still those drivers who are above the speed limit no matter the conditions. Then there are the "Ooh I see a snowflake better slow down" folks. I'm just staying home.

  The one and only benefit of all this snow and not leaving the house for days at a time? Money in my bank account!

  Lemons to lemonade!

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...