Thursday 9 February 2017

Gas Station Blues


 Yesterday, while I was sitting in the car, in frigid Ottawa, waiting for my kids piano lessons to finish, someone was using my credit card in South Carolina. At a gas station. Buying who knows what. Cigarettes and alcohol I would imagine. Me, I would have gone to the nearest Louis Vuitton store and walked out with something worth going to jail for!

  This isn't the first time my banking has been compromised. But I by no means blame my bank for a lapse in security. Quite the opposite. They informed ME that there was suspicious activity on my card. Every day thieves are coming up with new ways to scam us. There is no possible way the banks, or any company, can stay ahead of them I suppose. But they sure move fast to shut it down when they find out!

  As I was looking at the statement I couldn't help but laugh at the charges. All at gas stations. Now if the person was desperate then I would expect grocery stores, Walmart or Target. A store where you could get a variety of necessities. But a gas station? How much junk food could you possibly want? 

  I will never know who took my information. Or why. I'll never know if they get caught. Were they kids just seeing what they could get away with or adults with kids to feed who didn't know any other way. No matter who or why, it's still a crime and the person, or persons, should be punished.

  Seriously....straight to Louis Vuitton. Or Michael Kors. Or Coach. Or.....

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...