Monday 27 February 2017

Where Have I Been?


  Alex may just be right...we need another computer. That's sounds very materialistic to me since we have electronic devices everywhere. But I haven't been able to get my hands on this laptop for six days now and I strongly dislike using the ipad for this blog. So what have I been so busy doing, besides writing, this past week? Well.....

   Alex got his elastics put in on Friday. Those of you with teenagers know that is sometimes the first step to perfect teeth. Braces, of course, normally being the next. It wasn't overly complicated. But the device they use to open your mouth is quite medieval looking and caused some swelling and discomfort. For the next 5-8 months he will wear them at least 22 hours a day. All this to move his jaw....wait for it....about a millimeter! Craziness but if it will keep him from having his father's jaw issues then it's totally worth it.

  The weather warmed up and a lot of snow melted. Since we have had the pleasure of 242 cms so far this year we have a ways to go to be snow free. John has begun the wonderful job of digging up the basement floor allowing for more water to come into our humble home. Luckily it is staying in it's very own trench. He swears he will be finished by next week and both my fingers and toes are crossed that he is not exaggerating the time frame.

  Riley's hockey team is in the finals and have won both games so far. One more win guarantees them a spot in the finals and the child couldn't be any happier. But that translates to more practices and games than normal. And since John was out of town for a few days the skate sharpening duties fell to me.

  Friday was my Book/Wine Club meeting. Everyone managed to get there. We laughed, ate, drank and solved all the worlds problems yet again. It went later than usual but then again we had a lot of catching up to do. Sorry Jen if you didn't get to sleep in on Saturday. And for the mess we left behind.

  So it's not as if I've been sitting around watching Netflixs and eating grapes. I forgot to mention Alex has had plenty of reports and projects due that all have to be typed out. Home work, after all, comes first.

  This week will be less busy. Oh who am I kidding?

  Ang

***242 cms = 95 inches for all you non-metric folks***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...