Monday 8 May 2017

Down Town


  Living in the burbs means I don't get downtown often. Especially during the week. But when I do I enjoy myself immensely. It's a different world. One that I wish we lived in. At least part of the time.

  The market is fun to walk through. I love the flowers vendors. Great prices and so many colors. I'm sure some of them don't occur naturally. I can picture myself out for a morning stroll and coming home with a fresh bouquet to brighten the window ledge.

  Every designer has a store. Tiffany's is there. Michael Kors, Kate Spade, and Nordstroms. You know, the places that sell Burberry scarves at $550 a pop. Or a $1000 wallet that leaves you with no money to put in it. I love those places!! I would need to win the lottery to buy everything that caught my eye.

  Not that the suburbs are bad but to be able to walk to many restaurants, theater, concerts.....sounds great. Not with kids mind you. Too many people. Not enough open spaces. Kids need room to grow.

  Yes there are lots of sirens and construction noise. There is a constant stream of garbage trucks and horns blowing. But I think it would be nice to have everything at your fingertips and within walking distance. 

  Maybe after the kids move out....if we live that long!

  Ang

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...