Thursday 11 May 2017

Hope


  A part of me wants to climb back into bed, pull up the duvet and watch Netflix until I fall asleep. I'm tired of this dismal weather. Needing a jacket in mid-May is depressing. My toes, frozen in the sandals I refuse to not wear, makes me sad. When can I permanently turn the heat off? When???

  The dandelions are up. Mind you those weeds could grow through the snow. The tulips are open and pretty but with single digit temperatures, I'm not sure how long they will last. And the poor robin who built a nest on our front wreath must be frozen trying to keep those hatchlings alive.

  I want to sit in the morning sunshine, with a cup of coffee in my hand, warmed by the heat of the sun. Listening to the birds and smelling the flowers. I'd be happy even if I needed a light sweater just til the sun came fully up. I'm not asking for the moon....just double digit temperatures.

  Blue skies. Sunshine. Eating al fresco. Watching the kiddies playing in the pool....which we need to wait longer for because nothing has dried out yet. All those things that in other years we would already be enjoying. Some years the air conditioner has even been needed before now.

  Please Mother Nature give us a break. A little sunshine. A little heat. We will take anything. And I promise we will all stop complaining.

  Just a sparkle of hope is all I'm asking for.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...