Tuesday 9 May 2017

YELLING


  We just got horrible service at Canadian Tire. A little back story.....ordered a part, it never showed, asked why, no response, complained it was over 2 days, was told yelling wasn't going to help anything.

  Yelling? Yelling? My voice may be called annoying but trust me everyone is well aware when I'm yelling. No mistaking that. And I most definitely wasn't yelling.

  Right beside the cash register is a notice stating that staff has a right to work in a safe environment without abuse. Abuse is yelling, swearing or threatening staff. Asking a question apparently is abuse. At least to that clerk. Funny enough I commented to John, on the previous visit looking for the part, that he had better be careful or he would be considered abusive. Again he had just asked a question.

  When did asking a question become abusive? Does wanting information make for an unsafe workplace? Do I not have the right to ask where something I ordered and paid for, is? I would think that was okay. Apparently not.

  Having worked with the public for too many years to count, I know people are horrible. They are rude, demeaning and arrogant. But that same experience means I know that anger, rudeness and yelling get me nowhere. I'm very adept at being polite and empathetic towards those who have given me bad service. That's why I am always happy with the outcome if I have to complain about something. 

  Is good customer service dead? Of course not. But many companies are lacking. We need to let them know when they fail us. More importantly, we need to compliment the ones who do a great job. Like the EB Games close to me or Costco. We all have our own list.

  Even after my "yelling".....still waiting for that part!

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...