Sunday 21 February 2016

Rechargeable Batteries


  As you may have noticed I took a few days off from writing to recharge my batteries....not the laptop but my own. Every so often I believe you need to step away from your day to day life and refocus. Re-energize so to speak. Plus I was single parenting and that leaves you little or no "free" time and drains your batteries on a daily basis.

  I'm not used to John travelling anymore. It was such a huge part of our early life together. Some years he was gone more often than home. After Alex was born he was still travelling but not as much. Since Riley arrived on the scene it's been less and less. So last week was a re-introduction to his being gone...but this time with two kids.

  Now at 9 and 12 they aren't babies. They don't require 24/7 attention. But the parenting workload is still huge. I'm used to sharing the load so it was an eye opener for me. Even when I think John isn't doing anything "parental" the truth is just by being there he is!

  How do single parents do it? All day every day. They must be exhausted. Of course they are. Since I'm home all day I have it easier and still it sucked the life out of me. 

  Yesterday I slept. I watched a little television then slept. Made lunch then slept. Read a little then slept. Made dinner then slept. Then went to bed and slept. I'm fully recharged. 

  Bring it on.

  Ang

  

  

  



  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...