Tuesday 16 February 2016

Snow Day


  It's snowing! We are in the early stages of a winter storm. In total they are saying 40 cms which is roughly 16 inches for you non-metric folks. Thankfully we have a snow removal service this year. It's not the shoveling I mind it's the cold. I don't like to be cold.

  While I am drinking coffee I'm again scrolling through the news items of the day and saw a few I thought were worth sharing.

  Two hospitals were damaged in northern Syria leaving many dead and many more injured. I'm not sure who bombed it. I'm not sure I care. When you bomb a hospital it is a whole different level of evil.

  Tom Cruise was at the BAFTA's with ummm.....a new look. I'm all for botox and and plastic surgery but you need to know when it's enough. He missed that memo I think.

  Last night was the Grammy's with Taylor Swift winning album of the year. She gave a very classy acceptance speech but a big part of me wanted her to call out the "man who made her" and call him some nasty names. I guess that's one way she is nicer than I am.

  Marco Rubio, who wants to be the President of the U.S., released a new ad. It features scenes of the country. But the opening scene is of the Vancouver skyline. Yes Vancouver, Canada. That's funny.

  Boxer Manny Pacquiao apologized for describing homosexuals as "worse than animals".  If he truly believed it why apologize? Obviously all the backlash made him do it. So I'm guessing he really does believe it but doesn't want to be disliked. That being the case why would anyone accept his apology? I wouldn't.

  It's snowing even harder now. Nothing is moving. The kids are home from school. There will be no piano lessons tonight. We will stay nice and cozy inside.

  Even I have to admit.....it sure is pretty out there!

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...