Thursday 11 February 2016

Facebook


  Facebook has made the world a much smaller place. I'm able to keep in touch with so many friends and family. I see their photos, read about their daily lives and wish them happy birthday....all from the comfort of my own home.

  Like this morning I saw a photo of my grand-nephew who is 11 months old today. They live eight hours north of us and we rarely see them. But at any time I can see his gorgeous, smiling face and see just how quickly he is growing.

  My friend Lew has a business in Winnipeg, The Civility Experts, and I'm able to celebrate with her every time she reaches a new milestone. And there are lots of those.

  Even my Mother has an account! While she's not a big poster she follows the kids and knows what they are up to. She can see photos and send them messages. It makes her living 1500 kms away seem not quite so far.

  Janet and I can have entire conversations on Facebook Messenger. We can keep doing whatever and come back to the conversation in a few minutes. Her parenting advice keeps me from going to jail some days ;)

  It also can give you a chuckle. People find and post some of the funniest videos and photos ever! We can all use a good laugh to start off the day. Those minion pics always make me laugh out loud.

  So thank you Mark Zuckerberg for giving me one more way to keep in touch with my family and friends. For the opportunity to share my life with those far away. Thank you.

  Oh and for giving me another excuse not to do laundry! Like right now.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...