Wednesday 10 February 2016

Valentine's Day...part 2


  I talked a little before about Valentine's Day and the way John and I celebrate it. But then I got to thinking about something a friend said to me a few years back. What about single people? Those people who are "between" relationships or who have just "consciously uncoupled". What an awful day it is for them.

  And what about the people who have lost their significant other? Do we think they are over joyed at another day where romance and love is front and center? Knowing those days with the love of their life is gone?

  Can we really be sensitive to their feelings when we've got a new diamond ring on our finger just itching to be shown off?

  Of course not. I'm sure they are happy for their friends but it's rubbing their noses in it just a little don't you think? Perhaps we need to remember that just because it's Valentine's Day, and we got over priced flowers and they didn't, the world doesn't revolve around us.

  That's Kanye West.
  Or Donald Trump.

  Ang 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...