Thursday 4 February 2016

What A Day....Part 1


  You know how some days everything you touch turns to gold? Yesterday, for me, everything turned into coal. Or stone. Or something. Sadly it seems it's continuing on today. I feel a little like Charlie Brown....good grief.

  It started yesterday with a snow day from school. After living on the prairies for years I can, 99.9% of the time, drive anywhere on any road conditions. But there had been a lot of freezing rain and I have chosen vacation over winter tires for two years now so both kids stayed home.

  The day was fill with arguing, screaming and name calling. Of course Alex thought a "free" day meant lying in bed on the computer. He was mistaken. That was fun said no parent ever. But we made it to dinner time with no blood so it's somewhat of a success. 

  Dinner, of course, didn't turn out so great either. The chicken didn't seem to want to cook. Forty five minutes later it still wasn't done. That meant a trip to the microwave and I don't need to tell you that doesn't end well. Barely edible to say the least.

  John has an eye appointment so he cannot take Riley to hockey practice. As soon as he leaves we realized the skates, helmet, gloves and stick needed are in his van. Off we, Riley and I, race to the Dr.'s office. No John. Thinking he must already be inside I ask the receptionist who informs me he does not have an appointment....since I confirmed it on Monday when I had mine I knew this was untrue.

  Ten minutes later John is sauntering down the hall. He was looking at the boats on display, taking his time and dreaming. We now have only thirty minutes til hockey and Riley is anxious. But first John wants to speak to the receptionist about the non-appointment. As he walks in an old colleague shows up and they proceed to chat. Time keeps ticking by. Riley gets more anxious.

  Finally we can all head to the van for the hockey equipment and load it into my small, hard-to-fit-in-a-hockey-stick, car. At last we are on our way with ten whole minutes to spare. We might just make it. 

  To Be Continued.....

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...