Sunday 7 February 2016

Super Bowl News


  It's Super Bowl Sunday! The one day a year my husband eats unhealthy food in great quantities. To start the day he had oatmeal and then went to the gym. By the time he arrived home the pregame pregame show was starting. So began the junk food.

  He's had, in no particular order, peanuts, nachos and cheese, chicken wings, ribs, chips, pop and wine. All of which he wanted for "game day". I'd bet money he hasn't touched a chicken wing since last February and nachos probably longer.

  But while he watches the game, with the kids close by because they want some food too, I've had a chance to surf a little. And boy have I seen some crazy stuff! For example...

  Brazil is by far the most dangerous country in the world. Lots of murders. The statistics are staggering. They have 21 of the top 50 most dangerous cities in the world. I guess we aren't moving there.

  This entire Ghomeshi trial makes you understand why women rarely make sexual assault charges. They are on trial. Release bikini photos?? What does that have to do with anything? These women are the victims not the criminals.

  A three year old took a loaded gun off his great grandparents nightstand and shot and killed his nine year old sister. The great grandfather did not know the children would be visiting. Another tragedy involving guns in the U.S. When does it end?

  And on a lighter note....a lady in Italy is going to trial for not doing enough housework! WTH?? I would never get out of jail! Apparently she rarely cooked too. Well I guess we aren't moving there either.

  These are just a few of the crazy things in the news today. It's half time. I guess I'll go watch Queen B. And feed John some more nachos ;)

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...