Friday 24 June 2016

Am I Crazy?


  I'm toying with the idea of the house going electronic free for the summer. Toying being the operative word. I like the idea of the kids not being nose first into a small screen 24/7 or at least every waking hour.

  For Riley this wouldn't be an issue as long as he could still somehow play music....which I don't have a problem with. He couldn't care less about games or videos as long as he can sing and dance. And if there is another kid around then he doesn't even necessarily want the tunes.

  Alex on the other hand. That would be a punishment for him and me! He is 13 and if you've EVER been outside of your home you know a teenager goes no where, NO WHERE, without the phone. Bathroom, fridge, church, no place is off limits in their minds. 

  And the questions. Why are you doing this? Give me a reason! Give me a real reason! Why do you hate me? Other kids parents don't do this! And on and on and on. That alone would drive me nuts.

  So maybe a modified schedule is the way to go. A time limit. Used when ever they want but only for a limited time per day. Like say two hours. As I write that it seems like a huge amount of time. But as adults we probably spend that or more! I know some people who always have their phones inches from their fingers. Even in bed!

  I have three more days to decide. Free or limited. Or just play it by ear. I'm so wishy-washy today.

  Now that I think about it....I've bought houses with less consideration than this! I think I might be going crazy.

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...