Tuesday 21 June 2016

Coming To An End


   It's sad but true. The school year is almost over! Alex has five days and Riley seven. Then the real craziness begins.

  Only ten short months ago they headed out the door. Ready for new opportunities and adventures. Time to make new friends and reconnect with old. And maybe even a little bit of learning.

  Now they have had enough. Teachers, classmates, rooms without air conditioning. It's enough. They are ready for lazy days spent doing absolutely nothing. Me on the other hand....

  I'm not ready. Not by a long shot. I see two months stretching out in front of me filled with fighting, arguing and "I'm bored". Sixty plus days of keeping the peace and refereeing. I could use a nap just thinking about it.

  Maybe this summer break will be different. The boys will sleep late and make their own breakfast. And clean up afterwards. Maybe they will like each other and hang out without any fighting. They will find their friends at the park and go for bike rides.

  I think I have a fever!

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...