Wednesday 29 June 2016

School's Out!!!


  After not writing for a few days I find myself deliberating over what exactly to write about now. Lots of things have happened and I have a few things I really wanted to discuss but.....well it's the end of June so it must be the end of the school year.

  Today there are many new high school graduates. Filled with promise, hopes and dreams. Ready to tackle the world as adults. Good luck to them. Boy will they need it. To all the Jacinta's, Shanel's, Maggie's, Breanna's and Dylan's of the world....Congratulations! May all your dreams come true.

  There are also many more kids enjoying their grade eight graduations. Moving on from middle to high school is a big step. One that is both thrilling and scary. Time for school work to start mattering, grade wise I mean. I hope the transition is easy for you and filled with great friends and teachers.

  We can't forget those grade sixers who are taking the plunge. You have a huge learning curve in a few months. It will be lots of fun and so different from what you are used to. Sam, Sebastien, Owen et al...enjoy.

  Now for my own two graders. Alex has blossomed in seventh grade. His marks are on the rise and A's could be seen on his report card. I'm sure next year you will be even more challenged and focused. I'm looking forward to great grades being a fact of life. Fingers crossed.

  Riley had his best report card to date! More A's than I can count and comments about his love of learning and ability to get along with his peers. That last part seems false considering how well he gets along with his brother but I digress.

  I'm not a huge believer in marks being the beginning and end all of school. Sometimes trying your best doesn't translate to straight A's. To all of you who tried your best.... great job and congratulations. 

  And to all you parents out there... great job too. We lived through another year of homework, lunches and parent teacher interviews. 

  Last but certainly not least....to the teachers. You made it. Thank you for caring about our kids. For taking the extra time to help them figure out a problem. For making sure they are getting the best education possible. For all the Michelle's, Sana's, Lori's, Stacey's and Chantal's......put your feet up, you deserve it.

  For my favorite teacher, my BFF.....break out the gin!

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...