Wednesday 15 June 2016

She's How Old???


 The tabloids are saying Jennifer Aniston is pregnant! While I don't know if it's true or not, I was surprised that people are making negative comments about it. All because of her age. 

  Is 47 really too old to have a baby? Isn't that a personal choice? Not to mention her own business?

  I'm sure with her income she has very good health insurance. Finding a top notch OBGYN wouldn't be an issue. Or a pediatrician for that matter. She can afford to take off as much "bonding time" with a baby as she wanted without worrying about paying the hydro. A roof over their heads, food on the table....all non-issues. So why are folks being so negative? 

  I myself would not be happy to have a new born awake, hungry and crying at 1,3 and 5 a.m. at 47 but that's just me. I've been there and done that. But if I always thought kids would someday be in the picture then I think it would be a different story.

  As women we need to have each others back. To say we support your choice. Even when it's different from what ours would be. We didn't make the decision but we need to support the other woman's right to make that choice. Feminism at it's very core.

  If she is pregnant then my congratulations. I support her choice. I don't envy it but I support it. 

  Besides it's not as if she is going to ask me to babysit!

  Ang

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...