Thursday 16 June 2016

5 Simple Rules


  I've learned a valuable lesson these past few days. I try very hard to express my thoughts and opinions in a clear and respectful manner. If I'm not always successful well I apologize. 

  But these are MY opinions. No one else's. You don't have to agree with them or even understand them. I do, however, expect you to respect my right to express them. Just as I respect your right to have your own ideas. And if I think you are totally off the rails, I won't read, or ask for, your thoughts. 

  So if you want to comment on other people's opinions, including my own, here are 5 basic rules to follow.....

1. Don't swear at the people. Don't call them names like stupid, idiot or moron. People loose a lot of respect for you and your opinions when you must forward your argument in that way.

2. Spell check your message. Nothing discredits your ideas more than when you can't spell a word properly. 

3. Remember what you say on here never goes away. Ever. When you react in anger to a comment you never know who is going to read it...your children, your parents or even your boss. It can come back and bite you later.

4. It doesn't really matter what a total stranger thinks about you or your opinions. Concern yourself with the folks who's opinion you really care about.

5. You do not have to comment on everything. It is possible to read something totally out to lunch and just keep scrolling by it. You won't die I promise.

  Having said that I do want to hear your opinions. I am curious about other people's ideas on things. Especially folks who live in different parts of the country or the world. Different points of view help you grow and challenge your opinions. I like that.

  Just follow the rules!

  Ang

***I spell checked this post three times***

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...