Monday 22 August 2016

Flip Flops


  For the past five weeks I've had varying degrees of pain in both of my feet. The problem started in both feet on the same day. First a tingling sensation. Followed quickly by a slight numbness. Then flat out pain in my toes and on the pads. Enough for me to take some medication..which I never do.

  About a week later as I finished soaking my tender tootsies, trying to get some relief, I notice something very odd. My toes have separated! On both feet. Instantly I know the culprit for my sore feet...flip flops! 

  I had gone away for a few days and only brought the cursed flip flops with me so I wore them all the time. We went walking, to the beach, the park and around the mall. Apparently I was concentrating too hard on keeping them on my feet. Big mistake.

  Once I realized the problem things have gotten much better. I'm wearing shoes all the time now. Proper ones I should add. Massaging them together has helped lots too. I can't believe the amount of pain associated with three days of bad sandals.

  I may not be twenty any more but I'm still not as old as my feet! 

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...