Sunday 28 August 2016

My Little Angels/Devils


  Why are my children perfect little angels at someone else's house and the devil incarnate here???? Why? It drives me insane that others get to experience the charming, funny, sweet children they continually tell me I have. And what do we get? Certainly not those kids!

  Most of the time I'm very happy that they get compliments on their manners and how well behaved they are. Other times I'm jealous. Very jealous. Those are not the same kids who live in my house. Not in the least.

  I understand that every kid is the same. To a certain extent. They are comfortable in our presence and feel they can be their true selves. And unfortunately, not control their responses as we teach them to when outside of the home. I'm okay if they were a little less comfortable if it meant a moment of peace.

  Already this morning it sounds like a mad-house in here. Arguing over Lego, chargers, breakfast, shorts, hair, lights....you name it. John and I might be the attendants for now but we are on the verge of becoming the patients! 

  As with all things children.....as I'm typing this the house is now calm and quiet. The boys are working together making an animation video. They are laughing and sharing. Sitting beside each other and getting along. Actually happy in each others company. It's like they are Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

  Shhhhh...don't disrupt the peace.

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...