Sunday 21 August 2016

What I Hear....Or Don't Hear


  I've watched the Olympics, the Oscars, sporting events, concerts, pageants and graduations. I've been to weddings, funerals and baby showers. I've heard men talking and women talking and so called celebrities talking. Here's what I've heard.......

  She is too.....skinny, fat, short, tall, muscular, flabby. 

  She needs to.....lose some weight, gain some weight, wear shorter skirts, wear longer skirts, tighter clothes, more clothes, higher heels. 

  She should....dye her hair, cut her hair, get liposuction, put on some makeup, wear less makeup, curl her hair, straighten her hair.

  She would be so much prettier if she....straightened her teeth, whitened her teeth, bought Spanx, wore a pushup bra, got a breast reduction.

  What I don't hear is....she has a Master's degree, she's juggling two jobs and three kids and still made snacks for the game, she got a promotion at work.

  Or this.....she ran a marathon, made baked Alaska, took care of her sick parents, shoveled a neighbors driveway, volunteered in her child's school.

  Or....she changed the faucets, fixed the car, reviewed the homework, made the presentation, found and solved the problem.

  Why?

  Why don't I hear people saying these things? I know plenty of women who have two or three degrees. Or two jobs. Who can make the perfect baked Alaska and make a presentation at work.

  Why?

  Why don't I hear about the women who take care of elderly sick parents? Or volunteered at school or ran marathons.

  Why?

  Ang




  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...