Wednesday 28 September 2016

Aches & Pains


  Physical labor after a certain age is hard. Not so much while it's happening but the next morning...that's an entirely different story! Today both John and I are experiencing that reality.

  We are building a new walkway for our house. And while it will be beautiful and nicely clean up the side yard, it's a lot of hauling, lifting and shoveling. With more to come. Sadly, for my back, lots more to come.

  This morning I was dead to the world. I blame it on the fresh air yesterday. But when my legs swung to the floor I had an over whelming urge to just lay back down, pull the duvet up and go back to sleep. It's a school day so no such luck.

  Anyone watching me walk down the stairs would have thought I was celebrating my 90th birthday. Lots of creaks and cracks. Not all of which could be blamed on the stairs! 

  Coffee helped, not as much as a whirlpool tub would have, but some. I managed to get the kids on the bus, with food in their stomachs and a lunch for later. I'm almost positive I will make it through the day.

  Almost.

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...