Thursday 22 September 2016

Welcome Autumn


  It's the first day of autumn. Time to officially break out the sweaters, boots and scarves. Open the windows and let in that crisp fresh air. Soon you'll be scrapping the frost off the windshield and turning the heat on in the mornings. 

  John loves this time of year. It's evident in the amount of yard work that gets completed each year. Anything that involves heavy labor gets pushed aside til late September and he finds time daily to work on them. This year it's a new side walkway and it's going to be gorgeous.

  I'm happy for my power bill to go down. Hopefully with the air conditioner off it will drop to a more manageable amount. And if we could have a month where the furnace doesn't have to go on that would be perfect. 

  Sadly my sandals will get less wear but I'm a hold out. Sometimes til snow hits the ground. But I will buy the kids new boots and mitts before that happens. And snow pants. I always seem to be late with those.

  Whether it's your favorite time or not, at least drive around. See the changing leaves and the beautiful scenery that surrounds you. Take in all the colors Mother Nature puts on display.

  Before all that white stuff ruins it!

  Ang
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...