Thursday 15 September 2016

Why Didn't I Listen?


  I didn't listen to my friend Janet and now I'm paying for it. Why do I question her knowledge? She's always right. It's getting annoying.

  After breaking almost every plate in the house I bought new dishes. Basic white. Very plain. Just a little curve to them. They look great against the red or silver chargers. Food looks very appetizing on them.

  It's the bowls that are the problem. They look great. Perfect size. Nice and deep for chowder or cereal. But they don't fit properly in the dishwasher. Just like Janet told me they wouldn't. Why didn't I listen?

  Last night the bottom tray had six bowls and three small plates. That's all that would fit. All twelve of the old bowls fit with room to spare. And on the top rack I can fit eight but no glasses. It sucks. I may have to resort to hand washing and those of you who know me know that's a taboo subject.

  As I unpack the final service for four, I know that it's too late to return them and that next time I will listen to whatever advice she gives me.

  Or maybe I'll just get a second dishwasher.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...