Friday 21 October 2016

Brrrr


  It's raining this morning. That cold, fall rain. The kind that means a sweater, scarf and jacket. It chills you right to the bone. I think it's because we are still in denial that summer is over.

 Alex still left for school in shorts. He swore he had gym first class and will change into his pants afterwards. I heard the same thing yesterday and he arrived home still in those same shorts. Probably today too.

  Riley, on the other extreme, wore a hat, gloves, jacket and his woolly pajamas. He was not taking any chances on being cold. Or wet since he also took an umbrella.

  I want to turn on the heat. I really do but....once it goes on you can never go back. The first morning you touch that button you have made a statement....I'm choosing to believe winter is here. I'm not quite there yet. My Dad used to tell us to "think warm". It could become my phrase of the week.

  Maybe next week I'll be ready. I doubt it but you never know. What I know right now is I need to find a sweater.

  And maybe some gloves.

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...