Sunday 16 October 2016

Early Night


  John drove 560 kms....today. Alex was at a Scouts camp ninety minutes away. Of course when we said yes to the camp we didn't realize it was that far. Then no sooner did he get home then a quick lunch and off to Riley's hockey game. That was an hour away. Way too much time in a car on a Sunday afternoon.

  Luckily, for me, I got to stay home out of the rain. Nice and dry with old movies on in the background. Some how folding laundry doesn't seem so bad when Mrs. Doubtfire's with me. Too bad she couldn't put it away!

  Our weekends seem to rush by lately. Too many things to do. Not enough time. I guess it's the after summer rush to get the outside ready for winter. Not to mention all the activities are up and running again. We made an agreement a few years ago that the weekends would be free. I guess that's not applying this year.

  It's now 9:00. The entire house is quiet. Everyone is asleep except for me. I can hear the clock ticking. The ice machine taking in water. The settling noises of the house. I can hear myself think.

  I just told myself to get an early night too.....I'm so smart.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...