Friday 4 December 2015

Perks



  There are many perks to being a stay-at-home parent. As soon as I get out of bed I'm dressed for work. Pajamas are perfect work attire. I don't battle traffic and end up being late unless the school parking lot is exceptionally full. Coffee breaks are whenever and for how ever long I choose them to be.

  My co-workers are not annoying. In fact I barely hear a word they say. They never gossip about me either. And no one has ever stolen my food out of the work fridge or complained about my tuna sandwich with onions. I never complain about them to anyone.

  There are no deadlines to be met at my place of work. No pressure to have something, other than dinner, finished by a certain time. I can leave work whenever I want and run errands. No boss is breathing down my throat asking me where I've been or how long my break is supposed to be. And I can put lunch with a friend on the company credit card without an expense claim.

  Personal phone calls are allowed as are emails, texts and the occasional drop in. I can check my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as often as I like with no backlash. If I decide I need a vacation I'll while away the afternoon searching for flights. No one minds.

  I get paid every day instead of every two weeks. If I'm not satisfied with my days wages then I ask for more and am never denied. And I'm always getting bonuses. When you are paid in hugs and kisses your salary is very high.

  These are only some of the perks. There are many, many more. Don't you wish your job had this many?

  And I didn't even mention naps!

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...