Tuesday 1 December 2015

Pick up Blues



  I've been wasting the morning waiting for the pick up service to arrive. Why is it when you are waiting you absolutely want to be somewhere else? If you had asked me yesterday morning, before pick up was arranged, what I was planning on doing today, my reply would have been simple. Nothing. Not leaving the house. Today, since I have to be here, it's a totally different story.

  What have I done instead though? Well I've made mini-meatloaves. And a pot of soup for dinner. I've tidied a bit upstairs. Caught up on Coronation Street. But mostly I've been surfing. 

  Today is World Aids Day. 78,511 cases of HIV have been reported in Canada since reporting began in 1985....these stats are from December 2014. Staggering. On a positive note the treatments available now are allowing people to lead full, healthy lives. It's a major step forward but still this is one of many diseases we need to eradicate.

  In the Newfoundland election yesterday the Liberals won a majority and will form the next government. This means not one province or territory in Canada has a conservative leader in power. Interesting.

  Musician Bob Geldof "half expected" his daughter's death from drugs. Peaches died last year you might remember. Sad to hear a parent say that then admit there was nothing he could do about it. But he's right. Sometimes you can't.

  Kobe Bryant is retiring. Bette Midler turned 70 today. Two brothers saved a bald eagle and took the ultimate selfie. And someone stole 150 baled Christmas trees from a farmer in PEI. That will get you on Santa's naughty list for sure.

  And the biggest news by far....A Charlie Brown Christmas is 50 years young! I know I've watched it every year I can remember. Before and after children. It's one of the best things to do over the holidays.

  Another hour has passed and still no pick up. Oh well I can always find something to do. Wrap a present or two maybe. Empty the dishwasher. Clean the bath. Always something.

  Or a nap. That sounds perfect.

  Ang

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...