Saturday 26 December 2015

Vacation



  Now that the turkey has been devoured, the presents unwrapped, the wine drank and the family fight out of the way, I can tell you all about my vacation. I know no one really wants to hear about other people's vacation but it's my blog so I will ;)

  This time we took off on a ten day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean with stops in Tortola, St. Martin, St. Thomas and Puerto Rico. Let me start by saying ten days sharing a 265 square foot room with three others is a challenge. Especially once the beds come out. Teeny tiny. Luckily we had amazing weather and the amount of time spent inside was minimal.

  We have traveled a lot and cruising seems like the best value for our dollar. With almost everything included you pay up front and sit back and enjoy. And we did.

  The shows were great. John and Riley saw almost all. Alex and I opted out of a few. There was a few musical reviews, a magic show and of course the big farewell with the entire crew. My personal favorite was the kids club extravaganza on the main stage where Riley got to be part of the show! He glowed with excitement. I really believe he was meant for the stage.

  Food is always the main draw for many people. Not so much for me. Anytime I don't have to cook I'm happy. You can feed me anything and never hear a complaint. We did some "sit and be served" dinners and a few breakfasts. The buffet was huge with lots of choices. There was a salad section where someone would make your perfect salad. Loved it. And of course the desserts are always a hit. The kids assured me the chocolate cookies were to die for.

  December can be a crap shoot for weather but we hit the jackpot. Right out of New York harbor the weather was warm. Like just a lightweight sweater warm. When we woke up the next morning we could go in the pool. And it was unheated! 

  Over all it was a great trip. We rested. Swam. Had a cocktail or two. Sang and danced. A few hiccups occurred but hey that's life and part of travelling. While I liked the ship we went on last year better, I really have no major complaints. I'm sure we will do it again.

  I did learn a few things. Some I had forgotten about.

  First off we pack way too many clothes. Way too many. Also people are rude most of the time. I'm sorry to say especially the elderly. And parents remember you must still actually parent your child while on vacation. It's true you do.

  But the most important thing I have never forgotten....everyone needs a vacation so make the best of the one you have.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...