Thursday 17 November 2016

Cough cough cough


  It's 3:05. It's cold and dark out. Nothing is moving on my street. Too early even for the newspaper delivery. Not a car has driven past in almost an hour. And I'm awake. And coughing. And coughing. And coughing and coughing.

  I feel better. Much better. No headache from sinus pressure. My throat no longer hurts. Where did this cough come from? It's never kept me from sleeping but now as soon as my head hits the pillow it begins. Yesterday my neighbor was complaining she has the 100 day cough. Hopefully this isn't the same thing!

  John gets up at 5 so he needs to sleep. The kids have school and they will be grouchy if they don't sleep. So I decided to come downstairs and let them sleep. Hoping that I could fall back asleep sitting up in the chair. That plan didn't work. 

  I coughed my way through Trevor Noah. Watched an episode of Law & Order UK with the fabulous Bradley Walsh who I've loved for years. Filled out Alex's ski club papers. Read through my twitter feed. Cleaned the island. I want to go to bed....but not to lay there and cough.

  My voice is back to normal. Yes I spoke just to hear how it sounds. Don't pretend you haven't done that. I could call someone I suppose. Who would take a three in the morning call from me besides Tom? Truthfully no one.

  Fifteen minutes have passed. My feet are freezing on this tile...note to self let's look at the price of radiant floor heating. I've got a headache starting from the coughing. Tylenol should soon be kicking in. I'm taking some water and my bag of lozenges and heading back to bed. 

  Wish me luck.
 
  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...