Sunday 6 November 2016

Daylight Savings Time Ramblings


  Daylight Savings Time (DST) starts today. In November we "fall back" an hour. In the spring we "spring ahead". I'm not sure why. Maybe it had to do with farming a long time ago. If it did then why doesn't Saskatchewan do it? Or is it just the government trying to drive us crazy?

  This DST is why I am up at such an ungodly hour. And have been for over an hour. Making lemonade out of lemons, it has given me a chance to skim the headlines and drink my coffee in peace. For that I guess I should be thankful.

  I saw a story about how to make your home "almost" maintenance free. I didn't need to read that one. I already know. Rent. Then you are 100% maintenance free! I made myself laugh at that one.

  Michael Buble's three year old son has cancer. I can't even imagine. Cancer is a scary word and to have it used with a child is heartbreaking. My heart breaks for all of them. Truly.

  Friday is Remembrance Day and people are up in arms about Christmas decorations and it being disrespectful to Veterans. This isn't coming from Veteran's groups mind you. Private citizens are outraged. I wonder if their outrage will propel them to a cenotaph on November 11?

  A Florida woman is disputing a $7400 charge for a delivery room when she had her baby in April. Why? She had the baby in the back of her jeep in the hospital parking lot! She is ok with the charges for the mid-wife and nurses. But since she was never in a delivery room why would she be charged for it? Sounds like a valid dispute to me. 

  Well the sun is now rising. I can hear feet upstairs. Maybe even the tv. It's time to begin the day. Fingers crossed it's a great one.

  The first thing I need to do is change every damn clock in the house!

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...