Friday 4 November 2016

Morning Sunshine!


  I've never claimed to be a morning person. I don't jump out of bed with tons of energy. You could say I crawl but maybe slither is a better description. Finding my glasses is the equivalent of finding Blackbeard's buried treasure most mornings. Even though they have their own rooms, something of the kids is always on the floor in my direct path to the bathroom. And it's always sharp to the foot. Always.

  By the time I struggle downstairs, holding the railing as if I'm 100 years old, my eyes are starting to open. Sadly as soon as my feet hit those cold entry way tiles they are wide open. But somewhere in my head I know the coffee maker is only a few short feet away and that gives me the strength to keep going.

  The reusable coffee filter has last nights grounds in it. Damn you John. I clean it out while mumbling under my breath about being the only one who ever does anything around here. Finally it's clean, full and ready to brew. 

  Eureka there is a clean mug! I can hear it brewing. I can see the steam. I can smell the aroma. As it's streaming into my Disney Cruise-line mug, it makes me happy in the morning, I add the perfect amount of sugar. As I grab the cream out of the fridge the coffee maker quiets. Yes it's done! In goes the cream.....ahhhh.

  That's when I notice the egg whites in my hand. Who decided that the egg white container should look exactly like the cream container?? That person, or persons, needs to be fired. Same size. Same weight. Same shades of blue. What the hell?? And who put them on the same shelf in the fridge????

  I think it was me. It's gonna be a long day.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...