Thursday 17 November 2016

Money = Happiness?


  Does money buy happiness? People who have little would say yes. Those who have lots say no. I think they are both right.

  If I didn't have to worry about doing laundry or vacuuming I'd be happier and with money I would most definitely have a service. Buying groceries would definitely be easier....oh wait i could hire someone to buy them for me so yes I'd be happier. Then someone to cook them when I was hungry. Really all the mundane things in my life would be easier and that would definitely make me happier.

  John would be able to fully retire and spending more time with him would make me happier. Not worrying about mortgages, hydro bills and car repairs would take a lot of stress out of my life thereby making me happier. Going on exotic vacations would make me extremely happy especially with the extra leg room and comfort of first class.

  As I read what I wrote I'm seeing a trend. Everything I mentioned, except for spending time with John, was stress related. Bills, housework, budgets. Perhaps moneys greatest gift is relieving some of the stress of day to day life. Cooking when you want to not because there is no alternative. Going to see a movie even though the gas bill was high this month. Not worrying about how much it will cost to ship your Christmas parcels to family far away. The little things.

  Maybe, just maybe, it can buy some happiness but not bliss. Contentment but not joy. Hopefully one day we will all know the answer.

  Now where did I put that lottery ticket......

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...