Sunday 29 May 2016

Lobster


  We had lobster yesterday. It's probably my favorite food. I don't use melted butter.....why would you ruin the taste? No rice, salad or side is necessary. Just put it down in front of me with some newspaper, a cutting board and a butcher knife and I'm happy.

  My Dad loved lobster more than any other food. He never got tired of eating it. My cousin is a fisherman and Dad would wait for Charlie at the dock almost every day to see how the catch was. And most days with a garbage bag in his back pocket, just in case it was a good day. 

  It's a big treat for us. Being so far from the ocean the prices are a lot more than my east coast friends would pay. And significantly more than the fisherman are getting but that's us paying the middle man.

  Yesterday the house reeked of lobster. I cleaned 22 of them and managed only a few cuts to my hands. Nothing personal but if you are not from the coast you waste a lot. I'd rather shell them for you and get every last drop.

  This summer we are going to visit friends on the east coast. Lobster is on the menu again. Even though my cousin will be finished his season by the time we arrive, I'm sure we can find some fresh from the ocean. 

  Jealous yet?

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...