Thursday 26 May 2016

007


    Daniel Craig doesn't want to play James Bond in the movies anymore. He must be well and truly done since he turned down a crazy amount of money, 68 million pounds or $116 million Canadian dollars to be exact. I'm pretty sure I could have forced myself to do a few more for that much money.

  Now the search is on for the next person to play the famous spy. There are some great actors who would instantly come to mind. Tom Hiddleston. Idris Elba. Tom Hardy. Any of them would make a great Bond. 

  I've also heard some buzz about James Norton. If you haven't seen Happy Valley on Netflix you need to. He was brilliant in it. Aidan Turner's name has been thrown around too. You might know him from Poldark. I know him from The Hobbit trilogy. Another very good choice.

  There was even some talk about Gillian Anderson becoming Jane Bond. Of course that came from her so I'm guessing there isn't much truth in that. I heard a few other women's names kicking around too as possible contenders.  Ian Fleming wrote about a male spy however and in the movies I don't think it would fly. I say that but who knows. Elementary is still going strong with Dr. Joan Watson on tv.

  My first choice would be Idris Elba. He's a great actor and definitely has the voice for it. And he would look great in a suit with a martini in his hand. However he has said he doesn't want to be the "black James Bond". And while that would probably be a thing in the United States I'm not sure the rest of the world would see it as such.

  Whoever gets the coveted job they will have some big footprints to follow in. Sean Connery. Roger Moore. David Niven. All exceptional actors who have had distinguished careers.

  Hmmmm why didn't anyone mention Hugh Grant? Just asking.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...