Sunday 15 May 2016

I'm Tired..... of Driving


  I cut my hand the other day. On the bathroom tap. Obviously they weren't expensive ones because the film rolled up in my hand and cut three fingers. Not enough for stitches but boy did they sting. Not the best start to the day.

  The entire day I was a taxi service. I seemed to get in and out of the car on an all too frequent basis. Alex's class was walking to an ice cream shop as a treat for donating the most food during the school's food drive. Since he was still using crutches he couldn't walk that far. I picked him up at school, drove him there, waited and then drove him back. 

  He had forgotten his back pack so we went back to his school. He was going to board game club, yes it's for real, and I picked him up an hour later. But in that time Riley needed to be picked up from school and I needed to stop at Home Depot.

  Along the way we both decided ice cream was a necessity for desert. Another stop. Another in and out. When we finally got home and sat down to dinner, Alex informed me he needed to go to the library since John was travelling with the laptop. I swear I got a little dizzy just thinking about it.

  Off to the library we go. Once Alex was dropped off I assumed we were heading home. But Riley waited til that moment to tell me he had no pencils for school. Staples was close by so off we went.

  By 7 pm I swear I had been in that car most of the day. The gas light was on and my patience was slim. When we finally reached home I locked the car and informed my wonderful children not to ask me to drive them anywhere else this week.

  Exactly 12 hours later Alex missed the school bus. I give up.

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...