Sunday 1 May 2016

Trivia


  Last night John and I went to a trivia night. It's a fun way to pass the evening. Until you realize you aren't as smart as you thought! 

  I used to go every week when we lived in Nova Scotia. Scott, Petra, Marc, Catherine, Mike, Charlotte and I.  A wealth of useless knowledge crammed into a booth in a local bar. A few drinks. Many laughs. We excelled at music and pop culture....figures. We failed miserably at geography and science.

  One night I remember there was an entire category on oceans. Perfect for us with three people in the Navy who had traveled on ships extensively. We thought we couldn't lose. Boy did we ever. It turns out just because you've been in every body of water doesn't mean you remember them.

  Not much has changed since those days. While I think I retain most of what I read and hear....obviously I don't. We came in last. By quite the margin. It was fun and the money raised went to a local charity. 

  I almost forgot....when we played years ago there were no cell phones with wifi. Last night they had people walking around making sure you didn't google the answers! Funny how times changes.

  Boy that makes me sound old! Sigh

  Ang

  

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...